DENVER, COLO. — May 15, 2017 — McWHINNEY, a Colorado-based real estate investor and developer with expertise in mixed-use, commercial, multi-family and hospitality assets – is pleased to announce that it recently expanded its hospitality portfolio with the acquisition of the 123-room Hyatt House Denver Airport Hotel.
Denver’s Sage Hospitality will manage the property. The purchase price was not disclosed.
Located just a short distance from Denver International Airport, the extended stay Hyatt House Denver Airport hotel features 123 contemporary and spacious guest rooms featuring pillow-top Hyatt Grand Beds and fully equipped kitchens. Hotel amenities include more than 1,000 square feet of meeting space, a heated indoor pool and hot tub, an outdoor grilling area and patio, a 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary airport shuttle service.
McWHINNEY has been expanding its presence in the hospitality segment with several high-profile projects, including:
- The Crawford Hotel at Denver Union Station – Denver, Colorado
- McWHINNEY is a member of the Union Station Alliance, which oversaw the $54 million redevelopment of Denver Union Station, including the award-winning 112-room Crawford Hotel.
- The Maven Hotel at Dairy Block – Denver, Colorado
- McWHINNEY, Grand American Inc. and Sage Hospitality are redeveloping a prominent downtown Denver block in the historic Lower Downtown district (LoDo) into Dairy Block, a mixed-used redevelopment anchored by The Maven Hotel, a 172-room independent hotel that opened in late March 2017.
- Courtyard by Marriott at Centerra – Loveland, Colorado
- McWHINNEY announced earlier this month that it is partnering with Stonebridge Companies to build a new 101-room Courtyard by Marriott at Centerra, McWHINNEY’s award-winning master-planned community located in the heart of Northern Colorado in Loveland.
- The AC Hotel Portland Downtown – Portland, Oregon
- Opened earlier this year, McWHINNEY and Sage Hospitality co-developed a 13-story Marriott-branded hotel in the heart of downtown Portland that features 204 contemporary guest rooms.
- The Elizabeth Hotel – Fort Collins, Colorado
- McWHINNEY is currently co-developing The Elizabeth Hotel with Sage Hospitality, which will open later this year with 164 new hotel rooms.
McWHINNEY – which celebrated its 25th anniversary last year – is committed to launching new lifestyle communities, developing vibrant mixed-use places and crafting new retail concepts for local residents, employees and visitors to connect with and enjoy. For more information, please visit www.mcwhinney.com.