Troy McWhinneyChief Investment Officer & Co-Founder
- (970) 962-9990
Troy co-founded McWhinney with his brother Chad and father Derek in 1990, and today serves as the Chief Investment Officer. Troy's responsibilities range from investment and operational duties to project completion. His expertise includes proposals, entitlements, architectural designs, layouts, construction management and project budgeting. To date, Troy has received entitlements for over 5,500 acres of land in Northern Colorado consisting of over 14,000 residential units and approximately 20,000,000 square feet of commercial development at full build-out.
Troy's attention to detail and long-term vision help maintain the delicate balance between development and environment.
Troy's community activities and recognitions include:
- CU Real Estate Center's Executive Committee
- National Association of Home Builders Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers Member
- Past Chairman, City of Loveland Construction Advisory Board
- Past Board of Directors, Boys and Girls Club of Larimer County
- MS Hope Award Recipient
- Developer of the Year Award by NAIOP
- Bravo! Entrepreneur of the Year by NCBR, with his brother Chad McWhinney.