LOVELAND, COLO. — April 11, 2013— Colorado-based developer McWHINNEY plans to begin construction this month on its fifth multifamily project, Arbour Commons, located just north of Denver in Westminster, Colo. An official groundbreaking ceremony will take place in May. The new lifestyle community is the second multifamily project developed by McWHINNEY at The Orchard Town Center master-planned community located off Interstate 25 and 144th Avenue. Arbour Commons will be conveniently located north of Arbour Square Apartments, a successful 300-unit multifamily project developed by McWHINNEY that opened in Fall 2011. Arbour Commons plans to offer 394-units comprised of studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom apartment homes with quality finishes and unique amenities equal to existing McWHINNEY Lifestyle Communities along Colorado’s Front Range.
Arbour Commons marks the fifth multifamily project developed and operated by McWHINNEY in the Rocky Mountain region. “The market has responded well to Arbour Square and as vacancy rates continue to remain low we look forward to responding and delivering on the market’s residential needs,” said Chris LaPlante, McWHINNEY Vice President. “Arbour Commons will be a great addition to the existing Orchard Town Center community.”
Apartment-style homes at Arbour Commons will feature well-designed, energy efficient floor plans with quality finishes. A waiting list will be available at Arbour Commons during construction and pre-leasing is anticipated to begin late summer. The first apartment homes are anticipated for move-in starting January 2014.
“McWHINNEY develops one-of-a-kind lifestyle communities. We are excited to collaborate and partner with McWHINNEY on their next project in Westminster which will nicely complement The Orchard Town Center and its surroundings,” commented Mac Cummins, Planning Manager for Westminster.
Residents at Arbour Commons will have direct access to major highways like I-25, Northwest Parkway and E-470, travel less than 30-minutes to Denver International Airport (DIA) and activities in Denver or Boulder are a 20-minute drive in either direction. Conveniently located and within walking distance to The Orchard Town Center, a 980,000 square foot open-air retail and entertainment district, residents will enjoy the direct connection to nearby; dining, shopping, entertainment, open space, regional trails and Life Time Fitness Center.
Arbour Commons will also feature:
- well-designed energy efficient floor plans with quality finishes;
- full-size washers and dryers;
- stainless steel appliances;
- advanced heating/water system and air conditioning;
- inside and outside storage in select units;
- maintenance-free living;
- access to 74-miles of off road trails;
- balconies and open space;
- high speed internet service and cableTV access;
- 9-foot ceiling heights;
- a state-of-the-art Welcome Community Center that includes a 24- hour fitness facility, theatre and media room, great room, conference and dining facility, commercial grade demonstration kitchen, game room with the latest technology, cyber café with internet access, and more;
- outdoor amenities at the Community Center and the property include an oversized swimming pool and spa, fire pits, outdoor dining and entertaining areas with BBQ’s, volleyball court, park like areas, and community garden plots ; and
- the best community programming and events in the area, equal to our existing McWHINNEY Lifestyle Communities.
McWHINNEY has developed and currently manages 1,169 multifamily apartment home communities in Loveland, Fort Collins and Westminster including; Lake Vista at Centerra, Arbour Square at the Orchard Town Center, The Greens at Van de Water and The Trails at Timberline.
For more information, please contact McWHINNEY at (970)962-9990.