LOVELAND, COLO. — December 24, 2012— Loveland-based developer McWHINNEY recently broke ground on Northern Colorado’s newest apartment community, The Trails at Timberline. Conveniently located at the northwest corner of Drake and Timberline in Fort Collins, The Trails will offer 314 studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom apartment homes with quality finishes including resort style amenities equal to existing McWHINNEY Lifestyle Communities along Colorado’s front range.
The Trails at Timberline will be the fourth multifamily project developed and operated by McWHINNEY in less than two years bringing over a thousand total apartment homes to the region. “Vacancy rates remain low in the state and we are committed to delivering another quality rental product to help fill the market’s residential needs,” said Chris LaPlante, McWHINNEY Vice President. “There is a strong demand for apartments in Fort Collins as businesses grow attracting new talent, people relocating and increased student enrollment likely coming to Colorado State University in the next few years. We are very excited to bring our newest Lifestyle Community to Fort Collins.”
Each apartment home at The Trails will feature a well-designed floor plan with quality finishes including stainless steel appliances and granite countertops, offering a variety of products ranging from studios to three bedroom apartment homes, in addition to two penthouse-style homes. A waiting list is available at The Trails during the construction process and pre-leasing is anticipated to begin this spring with the first apartments available for move-in anticipated in August.
Conveniently located in midtown Fort Collins, The Trails at Timberline residents will enjoy amazing amenities rarely found in apartment homes featuring beautiful views, access to regional trails, open space, and walking distance to a King Soopers grocery anchored shopping center and businesses, award winning Poudre School District schools, three miles from the popular Old Town Fort Collins for shopping, dining and entertainment, Colorado State University and easy access to I-25.
The Trails at Timberline will also feature:
- Sustainable LEED design certified by the U.S. Green Building Council;
- well-designed floor plans with quality finishes;
- spacious walk-in closets;
- full-size washers and dryers;
- oversized patios and balconies;
- maintenance-free living;
- access to local trails;
- mountain views;
- high speed internet service from Front Range Internet;
- Bowling alley;
- Golf simulator;
- a state-of-the-art Welcome Community Center that includes a 24- hour fitness facility, theatre and media room with 120-inch HD screen, great room, conference and dining facilities, commercial grade demonstration kitchen, gaming zone with the latest technology, cyber café with internet access, refreshments and more; outdoor amenities at the Community Center and the property include a resort style swimming pool with waterfall, spa, fire pits, resort-style outdoor dining and entertaining areas, BBQ’s, children’s play areas, tranquil water features and park like areas, and a community garden with private individual plots for residents to use seasonally; and
- the best community programming and events in the area, equal to our existing McWHINNEY Lifestyle Communities.
McWHINNEY plans to announce additional Lifestyle Community projects in 2013 and currently manages 855 multifamily apartment homes developed in both Loveland and Westminster including Lake Vista at Centerra, Arbour Square at the Orchard Town Center and The Greens at Van de Water.
For more information about The Trails at Timberline or to inquire about reserving an apartment home prior to opening, please call (970)776-4080 or email gingerd@McWHINNEY.com.