DENVER, COLO. – March 13, 2014 – Larimer Associates and Denver Union Station Partners are pleased to announce eight Colorado retail and restaurant tenants for the new Denver Union Station, which will open to the public on July 12, 2014.
Larimer Associates, well known for its drive and success in creating unique destinations through local, chef-driven establishments and independent retail boutiques, carefully selected these partners to design a locally-driven, distinctive compilation at Union Station.
The line-up includes:
- Tattered Cover Book Store – Denver’s famous independent bookstore led by owner Joyce Meskis will open a second downtown location offering an assortment of best-selling books, magazines and other traveler favorites.
- Milkbox Ice Creamery – Located inside Union Station’s former barbershop, Milkbox Ice Creamery will serve 16 flavors of the wildly popular ice cream from Little Man Ice Cream. The inviting space will feature bistro table seating in an historic setting complete with terrazzo floor, subway tiles and the original large mirrors.
- Eatmore Burgers & Brats – Eatmore Burgers & Brats will serve handcrafted burgers, brats and french fries in a contemporary, modern setting.
- Pigtrain Coffee – Denver’s family-owned Novo Coffee will serve locally- roasted coffees and pastries inside an industrial space featuring a steampunk aesthetic with rich mustard walls, steel trim, oak beadboard and butcher block tabletops.
- The Cooper Lounge – Overlooking the Great Hall from Union Station’s second floor, The Cooper Lounge will channel a glamorous Hollywood vibe with high-end cocktails and an extensive spirits and wine list.
- The Terminal Bar – Located on the East side of the Great Hall, the Terminal Bar will feature Union Station’s original ticket windows and a huge outdoor patio overlooking Wynkoop Street. More than 30 varieties of Colorado craft beers will be offered, plus an extensive wine list.
- Bloom – Anuschka Patel, Cherry Creek North florist and owner of this popular lifestyle boutique, is thrilled to open her second location highlighting eclectic jewelry, décor, accessories and gifts inside Union Station. Bloom will also open a kiosk in the Great Hall that will offer fresh cut flowers.
- Fresh Exchange – Located just inside the Great Hall, this new fast casual concept from local entrepreneur Willy Kellum will serve a wide variety of salads, sandwiches, wraps, bowls, and more made with fresh ingredients.
Prior to commencing leasing efforts at Union Station, Larimer Associates held a series of open focus groups to help determine the public’s hopes and desires for the landmark property.
“We are thrilled to introduce this carefully curated Cole.Evansction of outlets because they represent some of Colorado’s most innovative small business leaders,” said Pat McHenry, Leasing and Acquisition Partner at Larimer Associates. “Everyone is excited to create distinct new versions of their well-established businesses inside this iconic Denver building.”
Opening on July 12, Denver’s new Union Station will also feature several other locally owned restaurants, including Mercantile Dining & Provision, a European-style restaurant and market by Chef Alex Seidel, Stoic & Genuine Fish by Chef Jennifer Jasinski, Snooze, an A.M. Eatery and The Kitchen Next Door. The project will also be home to The Crawford Hotel, a 112-room independent luxury hotel managed by Sage Hospitality. For more information, please visit www.unionstationindenver.com.