1901 Grant Street
211 Apartment Homes Coming Soon!
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment homes, and first-floor walkouts
- 12th story Aprés Lounge space with spa
- Fitness center with steam showers
- Virtual Training/Yoga Studio
- Golf simulator
- Self-service ski/bike repair and storage
- Onsite resident events programming
- Controlled access
- Garage parking
- Pet-friendly residence with onsite paw spa
- Quartz countertops
- Undermount sinks in kitchen and bath
- Stainless steel appliances
- Tile back splash
- Wood-plank style flooring
- Washer and dryer
- Quality finishes
- Downtown access
- Maintenance-free living
McWHINNEY has begun construction on 211 new apartments at the corner of 19th Avenue and Grant Street in Denver. SOVA will replace a surface parking lot. The complex will take about 22 months to complete. Most of the units will be one-bedrooms and studios, with a sprinkling of two-bedrooms. SOVA will also have a row of street-level, town home-style rental units. The 12-story building is planned with amenities that include a golf simulator, hot tub, barbecue area and lounge on a rooftop deck, along with a fourth-floor deck and fitness center. Future planned amenities include a bike and ski repair room, dog wash and car-charging stations, along with daily, weekly and monthly programming to facilitate engagement with residents and create a connected community. There will also be a staff member dedicated to resident services to provide a concierge-type feel.
SOVA recognizes its stewardship responsibilities to protect the environment and to enhance the character of the community without taxing the local ecology and its natural resources. With this vision in mind, McWHINNEY is pursuing LEED Silver Certification for SOVA. LEED®, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is an internationally-recognized green building certification system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). To meet LEED building standards, the following implementation is planned for the site:
- Provide 95 secure, covered indoor bike racks for residents to encourage healthy and sustainable lifestyle choices.
- By installing water efficient flow and flush fixtures, SOVA on Grant is targeting a savings of 41% of total indoor potable water usage. This is equivalent to an estimated 2,953,857 gallons saved annually and achieved using 1.00 gallon per flush (GPF) toilets, 0.125 GPF urinals, 1.00 gallon per minute (GPM) residential lavatory faucets, and 1.50 GPM showerheads.
- Through LED lighting, high performance glazing, and efficient HVAC systems and appliances, SOVA has targeted an estimated 22% energy cost savings compared to a code-compliant building. The building will also not use refrigerants that deplete the ozone layer.
- SOVA intends to purchase at least 20% of all materials to contain recycled content as well as extracted, processed, and manufactured within 500 miles of the site. A recycling program will be provided for tenants to encourage responsible waste diversion.
- To ensure superior indoor air quality, SOVA has chosen to use low or no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the adhesives, sealants, paints, coatings, flooring systems, composite wood and agrifiber products throughout the building. Reduces indoor air contaminates that are odorous, irritating and/or harmful to the comfort and well-being of installers and occupants.