LOVELAND, CO — March 16, 2011— McWhinney will host a groundbreaking ceremony for Northern Colorado’s newest McWhinney Lifestyle Community, The Greens at Van de Water, at 3:00 PM April 7 on Mountain Lion Drive in Loveland. Construction and site work on The Greens at Van de Water began the week of March 14th.
A waiting list is available now for the studio, one‐, two‐ and three‐bedroom apartment homes. Preleasing is anticipated to begin this fall with the first apartments available for move‐in in the winter.
Each apartment home will feature efficient floor plans with quality finishes. There also will be a variety of products ranging from studios up to 3 bedroom apartment homes.
“Northern Colorado and Loveland have some of the lowest apartment vacancy rates in the state and leasing at our Eagle Ridge and Lake Vista Lifestyle Communities has been very strong, furthering the need for additional residential rental offerings in the region”, stated Mike Hill, senior director of multifamily development and operations for McWhinney. “With The Greens at Van de Water, we will be providing another quality rental product in the market and a great addition to the already existing lineup of McWhinney Lifestyle Communities in the region.”
According to Hill, McWhinney also plans to announce additional rental products for Northern Colorado as well as the Denver area later this year. McWhinney is currently under construction on 855 units in both Loveland as well as Westminster Colorado including Lake Vista at Centerra, Arbour Square at the Orchard Town Center and now The Greens at Van de Water. “We have been fortunate enough to close nearly $125 million in financing in the last 12 months through the HUD 221(d)4 and (a)7 programs, which we see as a great achievement in today’s economy,” added Hill.
A core philosophy at McWhinney is to build sustainable and environmentally friendly products when financially feasible. In keeping with that goal, The Greens apartment community was designed using sustainable and green practices, and is anticipated to receive LEED certification from the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) upon project completion.
“Providing our customers with green‐living options is something McWhinney believes will become a win‐win situation for both our customers and owners,” Hill said.
At The Greens, residents will enjoy mountain views, immediate access to many miles of trails, open space, and surrounding retail and businesses. The Greens at Van de Water will also feature:
• efficient floor plans with quality finishes;
• spacious walk‐in closets;
• full‐size washers and dryers in units;
• patios and balconies;
• maintenance‐free living;
• access to local trails;
• walking distance to retail, dining, entertainment and employers in the area;
• mountain views;
• 100 MB internet service from Front Range Internet will be available;
• a state‐of‐the‐art Welcome Community Center that includes a 24‐ hour fitness facility, theatre and media room with 120‐inch high‐definition screen, great room, conference and dining facilities, commercial grade demonstration kitchen, gaming zone with Wii, Playstation and Xbox Kinect, cyber café with Internet access, refreshments and more;
• outdoor amenities at the Community Center and the property include a resort style swimming pool with waterfall, spa, fire pits, resort‐style outdoor dining and entertaining areas, BBQ’s, children’s play areas, tranquil water features and park like areas, artificial putting and chipping green and a community garden with private individual plats for residents to use seasonally;
• best community programming and events in the area, equal to our existing McWhinney Lifestyle Communities.
Located just south of Hwy. 34, off of Mountain Lion Drive in Loveland, the 13‐acre site is bordered by Mountain View High School to the east, and Lowe’s and Kohl’s department store to the north.
For more information about The Greens at Van de Water Apartment Homes or to inquire about reserving an apartment home prior to opening, visit www.McWhinney.com or call 970.962.9990.
About McWhinney: Headquartered in Loveland, Colorado, McWhinney is a team of talented people who are passionate about creating great places for people and providing fabled experiences to our customers. We develop innovative and sustainable master-planned communities and award-winning vertical commercial and mixed-use projects. Since 1991, McWhinney has planned and developed more than 6,000 acres in several master-planned communities and over 3.6 million square feet of vertical commercial and mixed-use properties throughout the Rocky Mountain region and on the West Coast. In 2008, McWhinney moved up from No. 13 to No. 11 on the list of the 50 Best Small and Medium Size Companies to Work for in America. In 2009, the company was named Colorado’s “Developer of the Year” by the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) for McWhinney’s significant real estate and development contributions in the state. For additional information, visit www.McWhinney.com.Back to News